Startup Virtual Internship & Job Career Fair
Tuesday, February 22, 2022
2:00-5:00 p.m. CST
For Profit | Corporate: $0 Complimentary
Nonprofit | Government: $0 Complimentary
Register by Friday, February 18, 2022 or until capacity is reached.
Virtual Booth Information & Setup
- How to Register for a Career Fair (Video)
- Quick Tour of Virtual Career Fairs for Employers (Video)
- Virtual Career Fair Instructions for Employers (How to Run Your Virtual Booth – PDF)
- Symplicity, the vendor for CAREERlink, provides a webinar and toolkit for employers who are using the virtual career fair platform for the first time. You may register for one here. You may also watch a pre-recorded webinar here. (Video, 16 min)
Best Practice for Employers
- You will need to use your organization’s own video software within Symplicity’s Virtual Career Fair Platform. You can use Zoom, Skype, Microsoft Teams, etc., but you must use your own software and create your own link and enter it into the “meeting instructions” upon registration or logging in to chat with students. When entering virtual meeting links, highlight the text and click on the “Insert/edit link” icon in the HTML toolbar. Insert the link in the URL field and select Ok. You should then see the link as a hyperlink. This will create easier access and flow when students join the 1-on-1 or Group Chat meetings
- When finishing a chat, be sure to remove the current student before admitting the next student so that there are not two students in the virtual meeting room at the same time. You may want to lock the meeting room as well, per meeting software
- After entering Notes for a student, revisit your “View Chats” to move to the next student in line in the queue
- Before you leave the VCF, make sure to set your status as “Offline.” This will clear your queue and end all chat activity
Please provide updated job and internship postings by March 5 to increase student awareness and traffic to your virtual booth. There is never a charge to post. You may post your opportunities in CAREERlink or forward your postings to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing & Advertising
The Career Center will promote your school or organization to students the week leading up to the fair through emails and career fair promotions. Additional advertising can be purchased in Student Life, the student newspaper, by contacting email@example.com or 314-935-5684.
Additional Virtual Recruitment Events
February 3: Spring Virtual Internship + Job Career Fair