Intelligent, diverse, grounded, well-rounded and dedicated to making a difference are a few characteristics critical for organizational success that are exemplified by the students of Washington University in St. Louis.
Students are committed to demographic, experiential and intellectual diversity
- 90% of students are from out of state
- 65% of students have traveled greater than 500 miles to attend
- Students and faculty from 50 states and 80 different countries
- More than 1 in 3 WashU students study abroad
- WashU values the diversity of its student body, which adds complexity to student learning and experience.
- WashU is ranked 16th overall – U.S. News & World Report
- #11 Best Private Universities in America – Niche.Com
- Top 10 Brainiest Colleges – Lumosity
- #7 Best Undergrad Program for Entrepreneurs – Princeton Review
- 9 out of 10 incoming freshmen place in the top 10% of their high school class
- #4 Highest SAT scores – U.S. News & World Report
- 33 average ACT score – Prep Scholar
Students are grounded and well-rounded leaders, who are passionate about making a difference in a team environment
- 350 + campus organizations
- 10 student-run businesses
- 19 Division III athletic teams
- 70% of undergraduate students participate in community service
WashU’s rigorous multi-disciplinary, problem-solving curriculum molds critical thinking skills
- 3 out of 4 students pursue multiple majors and/or minors
- Students are encouraged to take classes across disciplines, with 90 + undergraduate programs and 1,500 + courses offered.
WashU Graduating Class Surveys
Compare WashU students to national averages