Virtual Law School Fair
Thursday, October 7, 2021
4:00 – 6:00 p.m. CST
Participation Fee: $200
Register by Friday, October 1, 2021 or until capacity is reached.
Cancellations within 2 business days of the fair will be subject to a $50 cancellation fee.
Virtual Booth Information & Setup
- Quick Tour of Virtual Career Fairs for Employers (Video)
- How to Register for a Career Fair (Video)
- Virtual Career Fair Instructions for Employers (How to Run Your Virtual Booth – PDF)
- Symplicity, the vendor for CAREERlink, offers a webinar resource, Virtual Recruiting Toolkit for Employers. You may also watch a pre-recorded webinar here. (Video, 16 min)
Best Practice for Employers
- When entering virtual meeting links, highlight the text and click on the “Insert/edit link” icon in the HTML toolbar. Insert the link in the URL field and select Ok. You should then see the link as a hyperlink. This will create easier access and flow when students join the 1-on-1 or Group Chat meetings
- Outreach to students and encourage them to visit your booth or join your queue. Searching and Messaging Students (PDF)
- When finishing a chat, be sure to remove the current student before admitting the next student so that there are not two students in the virtual meeting room at the same time. You may want to lock the meeting room as well, per meeting software
- After entering Notes for a student, revisit your “View Chats” to move to the next student in line in the queue
- Before you leave the VCF, make sure to set your status as “Offline.” This will clear your queue and end all chat activity
Marketing & Advertising
The Career Center will promote your school or organization to students the weeks leading up to the fair through emails and law school fair promotions. Additional advertising can be purchased in Student Life, the student newspaper, by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-935-5684.
Want to connect with WashU PreLaw advisors? Please visit https://artsci.wustl.edu/resources/prelaw-advising
Questions about the Virtual Law School Fair? Contact Scott McIntosh, Operations + Events Manager at email@example.com or 314-935-9442.