Each year, the Center for Career Engagement hosts hundreds of companies to engage with WashU students for internship, full-time, fellowship, and co-op opportunities. The WashU Center for Career Engagement invites you to work with us to build a recruiting strategy that enhances your organization’s visibility and highlights your employment opportunities. Together we develop an individualized recruitment strategy to attract and engage the right candidates for your positions.
Strategic Plan for Partnership and Ways to Engage with Students:
Together we develop an individualized recruitment plan to attract and engage the right candidates for your positions.
Post your jobs:
Only students who meet the criteria you’ve set will be able to view information sessions and apply for your positions.
- For undergraduate, graduate, Ph.D., and post-doc opportunities: Please post in Handshake: You can create an account and post the positions on your end by visiting https://talent.wustl.edu/post/.
- For MBA, specialized masters, and Alumni jobs: Please post in OLINCONNECT: You can find instructions for setting up your account here.
Host an event:
Connect directly with students, in person or virtually.
- Employer Information Sessions (On Campus or Virtual): Information sessions introduce students to your company and build your brand and awareness.
- Career Fairs (On Campus or Virtual): Multiple campus-wide career fairs during the academic year including a fall career fairs in September or October and the spring career fair in late January or early February.
- Interviews (On Campus or Virtual): Select a date and format for virtual interviewing and we will generate the schedule for you in Handshake, so you avoid the hassle of manually scheduling.
- Quick Connect Events to Build your Brand: Host an open house-style event in the DUC location Career Center’s front lobby. This is a great opportunity for informal conversations in a relaxed environment. Refreshments, coffee, and/or snacks are recommended.
- Information Tables: Display a table in the Danforth University Center so you can casually meet with the student body during the lunch hour. This is a perfect time to invite your former student interns currently attending WashU, and they can be your advocates.
- Bear Treks: We’d love our student to meet you. Bear Treks focus on industry leaders in major cities. You can host a group of students for a virtual tour and information session, and also meet one-on-one with select students for mock and informational interviews.
Simultaneously build your brand on campus and your pipeline by participating in mentorship.
- Mentorship Programs: Connect with our Employer Engagement team to learn about existing mentorship programs through our Career Communities.
- WashU CNX: WashU CNX is the university’s official online networking platform where alumni and current students share experiences and expertise, ask questions and find answers, and help each other grow. Alumni can sign up here.
We have a number of ways to market your event to a wide or targeted audience.
- Digital Displays: Advertise your opportunity or event on digital displays in our student union.
- Career Communities: Our career communities are made up of students interested in careers in a given industry. Share your event or opportunity with us to be sent directly to the students who are pursuing that path.
- Message Students through Handshake: Handshake has messaging capabilities for reaching out directly to students you want to recruit. See instructions here for reaching out to students attending an event you are participating, and instructions here for connecting with any student whose profile is public to employers.
- Center for Career Engagement Social Media: Advertise your events and opportunities via our social media platforms.
Contact us to develop your plan.