McKelvey Engineering Virtual Career Spotlight
September 30, 2021
3:00 – 7:00 p.m. CST
Join us for our new McKelvey Engineering Virtual Career Spotlight, a niche recruiting event designed to connect your company with top WashU engineering talent. This is WashU’s signature event to recruit engineering and computer science students.
The event will include engineers, scientists, WashU alumni, university relations/HR teams, and hiring managers to expose students to a broad scope of opportunities, companies and career paths.
Meet hundreds of BS, MS, and PhD students in the areas of:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical & Systems Engineering
- Energy, Environmental & Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering & Materials Science
For Profit | Corporate: $300
Register by Friday, September 24 or until capacity is reached.
Virtual Booth Information & Setup
- Quick Tour of Virtual Career Fairs for Employers (Video, 2 min)
- How to Register for a Career Fair (Video, 11 min)
- Virtual Career Fair Instructions for Employers (How to Run Your Virtual Booth – PDF)
- Symplicity, the vendor for CAREERlink, offers a webinar resource, Virtual Recruiting Toolkit for Employers. You may also watch a pre-recorded webinar here. (Video, 16 min)
Best Practice for Employers
- When entering virtual meeting links, highlight the text and click on the “Insert/edit link” icon in the HTML toolbar. Insert the link in the URL field and select Ok. You should then see the link as a hyperlink. This will create easier access and flow when students join the 1-on-1 or Group Chat meetings
- Outreach to students before and during the Spotlight to encourage them to visit your virtual booth or join your 1:1 queue. Searching and Messaging Students (PDF)
- When finishing a chat, be sure to remove the current student before admitting the next student so that there are not two students in the virtual meeting room at the same time. You may want to lock the meeting room as well, per meeting software
- After entering Notes for a student, revisit your “View Chats” to move to the next student in line in the queue
- Before you leave the VCF, make sure to set your status as “Offline.” This will clear your queue and end all chat activity
It is recommended you provide updated job and internship postings by September 27 to increase student awareness and traffic to your virtual booth. There is never a charge to post. You may post your opportunities in CAREERlink or forward your postings to email@example.com.
Marketing & Advertising
The Career Center will promote your school or organization to students the week leading up to the fair through emails and career fair promotions. Additional advertising can be purchased in Student Life, the student newspaper, by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-935-5684.
Additional Virtual Recruitment Events
- Friday, September 10: MBA Summit
- Monday, September 13 – Friday, September 17: Accounting Connections
- Thursday, September 23: Virtual Internship and Job Career Fair
- Thursday, September 30: Specialized Masters Program Global Career Connections