Midwest Climate Summit Career Chats
Friday, November 13, 2020
1:00 – 4:00 p.m. CST
The Career Chats will provide undergraduate and graduate students throughout the Midwest a platform to learn and connect with a broad array of cross-sector organizations leading on climate, sustainability, and environmental issues.
Schools planning and promoting this opportunity include: Indiana University Bloomington, Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis, Iowa State University, Northwestern University, The Ohio State University, University of Michigan, University of Minnesota, University of Wisconsin-Madison, and Washington University in St. Louis.
FREE Employer registration
Register by Nov. 13 or until capacity is reached. Space is limited.
Virtual Booth Information & Setup
- How to Register for a Career Fair (Video)
- Quick Tour of Virtual Career Fairs for Employers (Video)
- Virtual Career Fair Instructions for Employers (How to Run Your Virtual Booth – PDF)
- Symplicity, the vendor for CAREERlink, is hosting webinars in October for employers who are using the virtual career fair platform for the first time. These are Thursdays at 2 pm EST. You may register for one here. You may also watch a pre-recorded webinar here. (Video, 16 min)
Best Practice for Employers
- When entering virtual meeting links, highlight the text and click on the “Insert/edit link” icon in the HTML toolbar. Insert the link in the URL field and select Ok. You should then see the link as a hyperlink. This will create easier access and flow when students join the 1-on-1 or Group Chat meetings
- When finishing a chat, be sure to remove the current student before admitting the next student so that there are not two students in the virtual meeting room at the same time. You may want to lock the meeting room as well, per meeting software
- After entering Notes for a student, revisit your “View Chats” to move to the next student in line in the queue
- Before you leave the VCF, make sure to set your status as “Offline.” This will clear your queue and end all chat activity
Please provide updated job and internship postings by November 13 to increase student awareness and traffic to your virtual booth. There is never a charge to post. You may post your opportunities in CAREERlink or forward your postings to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing & Advertising
The Career Center will promote your school or organization to students the week leading up to the fair through emails and career fair promotions. Additional advertising can be purchased in Student Life, the student newspaper, by contacting email@example.com or 314-935-5684.